Friday, August 18, 2006

bass fishing : Are You Taking Bass Fishing Too Seriously?

With all the tension and stress in life the last thing you need is more stress when bass fishing. If you’re fishing tournaments, going after that big hawg or just bass fishing with friends and have competition between the few of you that fish together, then maybe it’s time for a break.

What kind of break you ask? A break from bass fishing stress! A laughter break! Yes, they say laughter is the best medicine and if you’re uptight every day you just might find out a truer statement has never been spoken.

If you’re bass fishing is no longer relaxing and no fun anymore then back away for a little while and get a cup of coffee and start reading. What are you going to read, why fishing stories, bass fishing jokes and how about a free bass fishing e-book that is hilarious?

Here is just an outtake of the e-book I’m talking about:

Have you ever tried to catch those little minnows that dart all over the place? It’s not easy is it? I mean even with a casting net in a whole herd of them you still don’t get very many for the effort. Well, you’re in luck I have made a plan that makes it a lot easier.

Here is what you do….First, take your wife along for moral support. That is a main step in this technique. Second, go to your local bait store and get a 10 foot casting net.

Ok, now for the technique itself. Go out in your boat and find some minnows on top swimming. You will know there are millions of them below the surface. Then take your boat and start to go around in circles, this will gather them into a smaller size gathering. Keep going around in circles for maybe a half hour letting the group get into a smaller circle each revolution.

Now, once they are in a circle, give your wife the cast net. You take a quarter stick of dynamite and light it but be sure to have your wife with the catch net and ready beforehand. The next step in crucial in timing. The second the dynamite is lit and thrown in the water have your wife spread out the cast net and jump in the water with it and gather all the minnows she can immediately. This is very important because if the minnows are shocked too much and go all the way to the bottom, then you wife might not be able to hold her breath that long to go all the way to the bottom where the minnows are located.

Believe me, I am talking from experience just last week we had to call the emergency squad for her because she came floating back to the top and can you believe it, she didn’t have one damn minnow in that cast net when she finally surfaced. I guess the EMT’s couldn’t believe it either because I heard them say “you’re not going back and do that again, I guess?” I have to agree with them, I mean they couldn’t believe it either she came back up without one minnow in that net.

You do have to show some sympathy for her though so this is what I do. She comes up usually crying and holding her ears. So, I put my hands over my ears too and throw water on my face so when she surfaces she thinks I am in pain and crying too. Then she will start yelling and I will just point to my ears and say “I can’t hear you sweetheart”. Make sure you have some kind of painful look on your face as I assure you she will when she comes up. I got her some ear………..

By Uncle Ike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home